Monday, July 29, 2013

What the Flossie!

Goodness. When I was scheduling everything for Jalapeño's whelping, I do not recall ordering a tropical storm!

Yet here she is. Flossie has arrived. She has come in like a tiger and I'm not sure if she will go out as a lamb. She did veer a little north, which helped lessen some of the brunt. It is hard to know what to expect though. I've battened down the hatches, secured the outdoor furniture, brought the plants in, filled the kiddy pool with water, stocked up on bottled water and did laundry so that I would have the 100 towels I will use during the whelping clean and fresh and ready to go. It has been raining all day and now the wind is starting to pick up. Visibility barely passes our property line.

Lil Jalapeño has remained calm and serene. She's napping on the hard-wood floors after I coerced her into eating kibble and some pork ribs.
Nothin' to see on this rainy day....

Internet is very slow so I will end this post here. Tune back in for a post-storm and a pre-whelping update!


No comments:

Post a Comment