Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Trials and Tribulations of a Pregnant Pooch

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

That is the sound of Jalapeño eating.

Eating chips. Because that is all she is interested in eating today.

30 minutes it took me this morning to coax one chicken thigh in tiny, delicious, non slimy or too meaty morsels past that persnickety nose and those curled up disgusted lips. There was possibly more chicken on me and the floor than in her belly. There was no more watermelon, she finished that yesterday after turning up her nose to some lovely liver. No more Spanish melon for the same reason. I guess it is time that I carve into the honeydew sitting in the fridge. In the meanwhile, she enjoyed some organic tortilla chips.
Note how far aways she is standing. The better to scamper or waddle off. 

Food is not our little Piña's only challenge these days. She is also very hot. Lately she has taken to chilling out in the shower. The cold. damp tile clearly feels good on her belly.

This was last night....

And this morning.... She did move during the night!

I'm going to see if they have a kiddy pool in town. She would enjoy a cold-tub on the lanai!

So now I am thinking that Lil Beebs may want to give birth in the shower. It beats under the shed. We will have to block the shed off this weekend so that I don't find myself using Herculean strength to lift the shed off of her as she is getting ready to deliver.

I have build a whelping box that we intend to use. Even if she does wind up having the babies in the shower, we will still move them to the box for the first month or so.

Start of the constructions process....

....with a quick cuddle break.

I used plywood and added linoleum to waterproof base.

So I believe we are ready. 8 more days to go. She will be having her babies a week from tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment